1. VAMA Introduction
1.1. Establishment. Established in August 3, 2000, the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers' Association (VAMA) is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profitable organization, and established on the basis of voluntary principle by the automobile manufacturers licensed to operate in Vietnam.
1.2. Purposes of VAMA:
• To encourage the development and progress of the Vietnamese automotive industry in particular and to contribute to the economic development and prosperity of the community in general;
• To represent and protect legal rights and interest of employees as well as employers in member enterprises of VAMA;
• To ensure and improve legal rights and interest of vehicle users in respect of quality, reliability, safety, environmental protection, service and warranty; taking advantage of and applying latest automotive technology developments to the automotive industry in Vietnam;
• To engage in automotive research and development programs as well as to ensure high environmental protection in Vietnam
1.3. Main activities. VAMA is established in order to undertake the following activities in accordance with laws of Vietnam:
• To compile, correlate statistical data on the Vietnamese automotive industry.
• To issue its internal publications (annual bulletins, monthly news releases...) providing information of the developments of auto industry in Vietnam in accordance with the current Law on Publication.
• To organize and attend meetings, conferences held between members of the VAMA on different matters in relation to automobile industry. VAMA members may be invited to attend meetings and conferences held by the State competent authorities, national and international organizations and agencies, and other associations on the above-mentioned matters.
• To make proposals, petitions to State authorities and agencies so as to contribute to the development of the Vietnamese auto industry and to create a fair business environment.
• To engage in automobile researching and developing programs, searching for new investment opportunities, to organize and engage in promotional activities such as exhibitions and fairs, etc.
• To engage in other activities as decided by the Executive Committee in accordance with laws of Vietnam.
2. VAMA organization
2.1. Organization chart: